Do you have a penchant for making people beautiful? Be certified and fuel your passion that can propel career to new heights.
Unlike what it seems, for being a skilled beautician, you need a range of skills that are not limited to cosmetics. Other than knowing hair styling, cutting, colouring, facial, make-up, and massage, you also need to have dynamic social skills and administrative capabilities.
Mastering all these proficiencies takes time, effort and a good beauty school. A myriad of courses, such as National Vocational Qualifications (NVQs) courses,are available that can bridge the skill gap. A Vocational Training Charitable Trust (VTCT) level NVQ courses, including massage NVQ course, beauty NVQ course, nail NVQ course, and makeup NVQ course, are gold standard in the beautician industry that can distinguish you among fellow beauticians. The courses are highly structured, involving classes, examinations and practical sessions, which equip trainees with cosmetologist and entrepreneurial skills.
What NVQ courses have to offer?
Different NVQ courses have different specialisations; however, primary courses are designed to produce professionals with in-depth knowledge of various cosmetic procedures.
- Initially, the classes focus on the anatomy and chemistry of human body. The theoretical knowledge creates a solid base that helps in understanding how skincare and skin treatment work.
- Skills related to hair, such as hair colouring, haircut, straitening, curls, are then taught by hand on practice.
- In the later stages, you learn facial procedures, peeling and massage techniques, and skin treatments for different types of skins.
- You also learn a non-surgical exfoliation technique called micro dermabrasion, which helps to remove clogged pores, uneven pigmentation and fine lines.
- The other skill that you learn in courses is waxing of different areas. Waxing of upper lip is significantly different from pubic areas; therefore, courses make sure that you get to learn waxing of eyebrows, upper lip, pubic areas, under arms and legs systematically.
- Along with cosmetic knowledge, you also learn to groom your social and communication skills.
- Financial and business management are a part of the courses to produce full-fledged professionals.
Evidently, NVQ courses are a key to success in cosmetic field. Enrol yourself in a course and realise your goals.